Screen Detox Fail


How is it that my children come down with a tummy bug, throw up a few times, eat hydrolite iceblocks and then they are fine again? Meanwhile, I come down with the same bug, spend an entire night in the bathroom and two days in bed feeling like pummeled playdough? Not that I would wish my horrid level of the illness upon them, rather I wish I had gotten off a little lighter! Our 'screen detox' had been going quite well until that point. Emergency measures needed to be taken. "Watch tv, play iPad, play PlayStation, just please let Mama rest!" Interestingly enough by the second day, they were getting quite bored of the unlimited screen time. Back to the detox now until the end of the month and then time for a family meeting to discuss how we all felt about the time off and how we wish to go forward.

Before Emerson and I were hit by the bug took a wander with my camera. The boys had come down sick that morning and we had been tending to them, so when Dada came home from work we escaped for a girls camera date. In the dying afternoon light, we visited this bougainvillaea I have been admiring. Last week it was covered in an even greater profusion of purple flowers. I must remember to seek it out again next year. I loved these two shots of my soon to be seven year old, with her blonde mermaid hair, and the flower she picked for herself.

The children are now back to normal. I'm still feeling frayed around the edges, but inspired by the amount of Pinterest I scrolled through whist resting. My brain was too foggy to read anything from the pile on my nightstand. Thank goodness for podcasts, Pinterest and PlayStation... in moderation.  

No comments:

Post a Comment