Work With Me


As a seventeen-year-old moving out of home and beginning university, I thought I was going to be a painter. I wanted to be an artist, and in my limited experience, that is what an artist looked like. I had already decided to major in painting before taking my first painting class, and hating it! My younger self was so confused by this turn of events I nearly dropped out of university. 

Thankfully I stayed and discovered what I did major in, Intermedia. Here I learnt photography, how to develop film in a dark room, early web design and photoshop. And I loved it. I took electives in Silversmithing and loved it too. Once I graduated I followed a career and further studies in the jewellery industry. I started a blog. I started a small business. I put so many of my previous skills to use designing websites, photographing my children and my jewellery collections. And I realised there was no reason why I couldn't do both - create jewellery and follow my passion for photography. So slowly I did. One photo at a time. Overcoming the usual feelings of imposter syndrome and thoughts of self-doubt. Overcoming the urge to keep myself small and aim for small things.

Thirty-seven year old me is stepping out of that small space and showing you, this is how I see the world. This is how I take photos. This is how I harness the creativity in me that is seeking expression. This is something I want to share. Collaborate with me and allow me to capture your family or your brand so you can share it with your future selves, or share it with your potential customers. Take a moment to click over to my Photography page and get in touch if my style speaks to you. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment