Farm & Co


The theme of our project-based homeschooling group this term is 'farming'. Which suits me perfectly, as I have the impractical dream of a country lifestyle - impractical in terms of a husband whose work and personality don't allow such dreams to come true. Instead, I content myself with as many country and farm visits as possible to fulfil my tree change cravings, as well as a yard full of chickens and a subscription to Country Style magazine. Studying farming with my children gives me yet another excuse for day trips and hands-on learning.

Just over an hour from home is a farm that is a photographers dream come true. With a view to the sea, red earth and fields of sunflowers, Farm & Co in Cudgen is open to visitors. Picturesque sunflowers stand en masse dwarfing children and delighting adults. Chickens, pigs and rows of macadamia trees add to the charm. While a rustic Farm Stall sells organic produce. I was already mentally packing my bags as a small sign proudly welcomed us to the Village of Cudgen.

What a joy it was to photograph my children and the other homeschooled children who joined us on our weekday escape. Lasting memories were made collecting macadamia nuts and cracking them open on stumps of wood in the shade of the trees. The children were occupied for hours as they swung on hammocks, built pretend fires with sticks and twigs and explored together. We Mama's had a chance to relax, chat, and enjoy their unstructured play.

All three children slept in the car on the way home. A sure sign of a good day out.

-

Interested in my photography? Pop over to my new website to see more. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment