All the things

1. New cotton from Bendigo Woollen Mills for making more washers, 2. Reading and knitting - A slow childhood, 3. Peeks of sunshine through the curtains, 4 - 6. Playdough and wooden animals = loads of fun, 7. Reading and crochet - The Danish Way of Parenting, 8. The seeds are sprouting, 9. The pineapple heads have roots, 10. Pretty morning shadows, 10 & 11. Making 'sundried' cherry tomatoes by adding a little oil, salt and pepper and leaving them in a low oven for a few hours. These didn't last long, I ate them warm from the oven on toast. Delicious!12. More cherry tomatoes ripening on the window sill, perhaps also destined to become sundried tomatoes? I had high hopes of freezing some...

I've been trying to balance the busy and the slow this week. As always, I suppose, though I've been more mindful of it lately. Part of the struggle of working from home for ones self is the feeling that you could always be working. Or should be working. Especially when my job box is as full as it is currently. While home and children call me to do so many other things. Chores, groceries, play, library visits. Carving out the time I need to work can feel impossible. I am blessed that my father in law comes once a week to baby sit my toddler, so that I can get to the bench and be productive. A play date during school hours gave me another day to work through my custom orders this week. And in between such things I have been trying to find a little time for me - to read, knit, crochet, water my garden, check in on my seeds, make use of the many cherry tomatoes that I'm picking daily and pause to notice the light as it changes with the seasons and creates shadows and highlights in our much-loved home. I'm not the kind of person who gets bored at home. There is always so much to do.

I have to keep reminding myself that there will never be 'enough' time to do all the things I want to do, so instead of trying to fit as much as possible in a week or a day, I have to allow myself time to take a break, knit a little, read a little, or sit down and play playdough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment