Taking Stock : November





It's day two in bed with laryngitis. Yesterday I read until I fell asleep, over and over again. I could barely keep my eyes open for more than an hour, I just felt so drained. I'm feeling better today, but still taking it easy and reacquainting myself with my laptop. There have been so many good things happening of late, I thought a taking stock post was in order. 

Making: Embossed metal Christmas decorations
Creating: a beautiful engagement ring
Drinking: 'Brisbane Breakfast' T2 Tea - a birthday gift
Listening: Brave Writer with Julie Bogart podcast
Reading: 'It's OK to go up the slide', 'Teach Me To Do It Myself', 'The Bright Stuff', 'You Can Teach Your Child Successfully', 'Homeschooling for success', 'Bring Out the Genius in your Child', 'Trust the Children' 
Finished read aloud: The Children of Cherry Tree Farm, Enid Blyton
Next read aloud: The Children of Willow Farm, Enid Blyton Finished 
Visiting: the Qld Museum to see the Monkeys
Walking: through the Haig Street Quarry in Ipswich
Playing: with homemade playdough (even though I had no cream of tartar)
Growing: borax crystal geodes
Swimming: in natural rock pools at Cedar Creek Falls
Enjoying: a day spent fossicking for thundereggs with friends
Cracking: open geodes
Liking: my archery date with my nine-year-old
Wondering: at the amazing world of insects Michelle from Bugs Ed shared with us
Noticing: the confidence horse riding has brought out of my daughter
Pondering: white and wooden Christmas decorations
Buying: gem specimens for my children's' gemstone collections
Watching: The Detectorists
Painting: butterflies but making slow progress with so much else happening
Marvelling: at the chicks that our broody hen hatched from fertilised eggs
Celebrating: My 37th birthday with a date night with my husband
Coveting: new glasses
Loving: the Mulberry Planner journal that I brought for next year, but have already started using
Finding: a nice rhythm to our homeschooling in our second year
Wearing: bigger, bolder earrings than usual
Following: my children's interests 
Keeping: room for my interests 
Noticing: the way learning just shows up as we live our life
Knowing: homeschooling was the best decision for us
Thinking: that my youngest has one more year until he 'starts school', or in our case, needs to be registered to homeschool
Admiring: the APT exhibition at QAGOMA
Sorting: through the whole house in an effort to declutter and rearrange
Getting: rid of as much as possible!
Bookmarking: the new blog I created for our homeschool group
Experimenting: with different liquid densities and making a 'Rainbow Jar'
Giggling: at the silly things four-year-olds say
Feeling: excited about a few nights away in a cabin by the beach
Snacking: on in-season fresh fruit - mangoes, lychees, berries, oh my
Hearing: the peep, peep of our chicks as they free range in our backyard
Waiting: for my sister and her son to come home for Christmas

-

Joining in with Pip.

No comments:

Post a Comment